A Charity Box for a Jerusalem Hospital

A Charity Box for a Jerusalem Hospital

0.00

Lithographed tin, 1950’s. Misgav Ladach hospital was established in 1854 in the Old City of Jerusalem, funded by the French Rothschild family. The hospital, founded to enable the Jews to be independent of Christian missionary hospitals, served the city's Jewish population in this location until the Israeli War of Independence in 1948, when the Jordanian army conquered the Jewish Quarter. The hospital reopened in Katamon in western Jerusalem, where it operated for 40 years as a maternity hospital.

Add To Cart